Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The 'O' in the 'XO'

I love hugs.
That is just a plain simple fact.
I love hugs.
But what I don't love so much... the fact that the amount of hugs I get on a daily basis has decreased dramatically since coming to college. There is nothing that I love more than hugging someone. Not just the awkward side hug or the tap-on-the-back hug, but the real embrace where you can almost feel the other person's heartbeat. The fact that someone cares enough to their precious energy (which is hard to come by in college) to give a real hug says more than words can describe. The phrase actions speak louder than words would be perfect right here. Actions speak louder than words.
I do have a select few friends who do hug almost every time you see them, and I feel as though they are way under appreciated.
Psychological studies have shown that hugs are a valuable part of our human interaction and that a simple hug can make a world of difference.
I wish that people weren't so afraid to just hug every once in a while.

No comments: